On today’s show, Ryan Bailey and Graham Ruthven answer your listener questions! More specifically, these listener questions…
1) Scotland in the 70’s and 80’s seems to have had a lot of top-end players. Is it correct to say Scotland underperformed heavily in that era and if so, what were the reasons?
2) Is Poophousery strategic? Can it be taught? Can it elevate an otherwise less-skilled team to success at scale?
3) We hear a lot of criticism about Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. To flip it positive: what is Ole really good at?
4) Is retiring a jersey a thing in soccer? Should Barcelona retire the No.10 jersey?
5) Did Liverpool trick everyone into thinking Coutinho was good, or was he actually good?
6) What would happen if FIFA changed the throw-in rule to allow any types of throws. Which would be the most used? Would throw-ins become a bigger or smaller part of the game? Would there be throw-in specialists?
7) Is the FIFA video game a positive for kids to play? On one hand, it helps kids get into the sport and understand some of the roles. On the other, it’s not a very accurate facsimile of the game and some traits appear under or overvalued.
Sponsors! Today’s show is brought to you by…
The NBA! This episode is sponsored by the NBA and their quest to advance the game of basketball, grow the community, and impact culture. That’s the NBA. That’s Game!
American Giant! Get 15% off your new favorite tees at american-giant.com/TSS!
Brooklinen! Looking for some wonderful new bedding? Head to Brooklinen.com and use promo code TSS to get $20 off a purchase of $100 or more.
Heineken! With a busy start to the European soccer season underway, stay refreshed with the crisp taste of Heineken!
Artifact! Go to HeyArtifact.com to get started! To check out the excerpt we mentioned on this episode, go to HeyArtifact.com/loveletters
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices